Is this a joke? (click on the word this, people)
I don't even know what to say about this, other than maybe the Forbes people should come drive around RI for a day, specifically between the hours of 3:00-7:00 pm, and then write about how safe they feel out on the roads with the knucklehead drivers around here.
Rhode Island does have good traffic laws, especially the new "no texting while driving" law, but people do not know how to follow the rules. People refuse to stop for crosswalks, and if you happen to be at a 4 way stop with stop signs, expect to be there for a good 10 minutes while the other drivers try to figure out what to do. Usually what happens is I wait, knowing that I do not have the right of way, try to wave on the person who does have the right of way, then they wave me on as if it's my turn and I am holding up traffic. So then I decide to talk about how it is not my turn and they need to learn traffic rules as I go anyways because they obviously aren't going to go...but as soon as my wheels begin to roll, they decide it is time to go also, so I slam on my brakes and wait for this person to go, then they slam on their brakes also and give some "kind" hand signals which I shake a fist to and after a few moments of inching forward and braking by all parties I finally get through the intersection.
That all might have been confusing and difficult to picture, which is exactly how it is to drive here. Difficult and hard to picture until you actually do it...which I don't really recommend...you will only get angry and wonder why you decided to leave the comfort of your home that day.
And that is only one very mild case of how driving here stinks!
1 comment:
Hmmm....there's that opinion again! Good to let it out, huh?
Post a Comment