Thursday, December 17, 2009

This week we had our water heater give out. Luckily the plumbers were able to come and install a new one so we were only without hot water for 24 hours.

This week our dryer stopped working. Luckily we have radiators and I can do a small load of laundry and then lay it on the muliple radiators throughout the apartment and dry the items. This only works for jeans...or things that you don't mind being very stiff once they are dry. I'm not about to try this on t-shirts or underwear.

This week R.C. has been working at home. He has been needing the sewing machine so he sets up "shop" on the kitchen table and works the day away. Due to this, the boys can't concentrate on their school work. They have become used to having R.C. home only on the weekends so since he has been here they think it is the weekend and school work doesn't have to be done. It has been a HUGE struggle this week to complete our lessons without me wanting to pull my hair out or threaten to send the boys to bed at 5:00 pm. Luckily the week is almost over. R.C. is done with classes for the semester today, but the boys are still going to be working next week (the first half of the week only...chill out! I'm not that much of a "mean homeschooling mom".), so we will see if next week is as rough as this week.

Due to our dryer being broken, and BOTH of the boys having "accidents" last night, I had to make a trip to the laundry mat this morning. I took some coffee to go and some school work for the boys and set off to spend my morning among several swishing washers and tumbling dryers. Luckily I was at the laundry mat and was able to wash my sweatshirt immediatly after my cup of coffee decided to spill all down the front of me as I was pulling into the parking lot.

The repair man for the dryer was supposed to come 2+ hours ago, but I still have not heard the doorbell ring.

sigh.

1 comment:

Dad S. said...

Melissa, I just saw the video of RC that you posted on his birthday. VERY NICE. I am sure he agrees with all the good things you said about him.