When I was in grade school there were several boys in my class who would read Goosebumps books. I never liked them. In fact, I hated them. I hated them so much that even in grade school I told myself that when I had kids (someday) they would never read these horrible books. I loved to read as a child (and still do) and hoped that my kids would loathe these books as much as I did and instead begin reading on Emerson, Steinbeck, and Shakespeare (only kidding! Stan and Jane Bernstein would do (and has done) just fine.).
Well, things have changed. Yesterday Russell was eying the Goosebumps section at the library and I found myself telling him that he could get one. WHAT!? He was so excited! He carried it home and immediately planted himself on the couch and began reading it to Max.
There is nothing better than seeing your 2 kids cuddled under a blanket enjoying a book together. Whether that book is by Tolstoy, Bernstein, or R.L. Stine, reading anything is better than watching mindless T.V., in my book. But, that's just me...
2 comments:
I was beginning to worry there would be no blog today and you would have to blog about how wonderful your sisters are! :)
The only problem with the last 2 blogs--pictures needed!
Post a Comment