Friday, November 6, 2009

I'm trying to be more tolerant of Christmas before Thanksgiving this year. I am not accepting it, but I am trying my hardest to tolerate it. I've already seen a Christmas countdown, listened to my lovely husband hum Christmas carols, watched a family purchase a tree, heard a Christmas song on the radio and listened as people talked about the "Black Friday" deals that were going to be in stores this year. Christmas items have been in stores since September. Yes, September. As I was looking for school supplies the boys were ogling candy canes and stockings. I think the fact that I made it to November 6th without writing a huge rant about it is a good sign that I am tolerating it just fine.

I promise you this though...if I get Merry Christmas-ed before November 27th, I'm going to lose it. I'm hanging on by a thread as it is and that would push me over the edge.

2 comments:

Jake said...

Keep fighting the good fight, oh holiday crusader. The neighbors down the street were putting up Christmas lights yesterday in their shorts and T-shirts. As I see it, these are the kids that cut in line for the slide, the people that cut you off two blocks from the light, and the ones that eat desert first! Those over-eager citizens don't know how to savor each holiday as it is given. ONE AT A TIME PEOPLE! I hope the Saylers have a blessed thanksgiving this year!

Anonymous said...

Merry Christmas, Jake!