Sunday, October 25, 2009

One more thing for the evening. You know, while I have you here and all....

If you have the "Wild and Scenic Illinois 2009" calendar, then rest assured that you were not the only person thinking they got to sleep an hour extra this morning.

Yes, that's right, there is a typo (or something) on the calendar and we were told, by said calendar, that this was the weekend we were to turn our clocks back an hour. We had been looking forward to this day for the past week. Who doesn't love an extra hour sleep? The joke was on us I guess when we woke to find the rest of the world doing what they do at 9:30 am, when we were doing 8:30 am stuff. Things just weren't adding up for my dear husband, so he googled the time change and found we had been let down by our beautiful Illinois calendar. One more week to go until we are rewarded with our extra hour of sleep.

Illinois is scenic. I get that. But wild? When I think of wild I think of a lion prowling across the savanna. Not a muskrat slinking into Bond County Lake.

2 comments:

Jen said...

you stole an extra hour anyway though.
you get TWO extra hours of sleep!

Anonymous said...

But, next weekend we have to get up early to take the Somans to the airport... So only 1 extra hour.