Monday, July 13, 2009

Catching up on odds and ends:

Our sport of the summer is ---
baseball. R.C. has been teaching the boys how to play catch and it seems Russell is a natural (so long as he keeps focused on the ball and not on something in the sky that he is certain is a UFO.). Maxwell was interested the first couple of times playing, but has lost interest. Most evenings we head to the park so R.C. and Russell can play catch and Max and I play at the playground. Russell received his first black eye a few weeks ago due to not watching the ball. Since that episode he has done a much better job watching the ball. His throw is fantastic though!! The boys are enjoying watching some games with R.C. in the evening and listening to the games in the car. We are hoping to get to a Paw Sox game before summer is over and R.C. and I were able to play a game of catch the other night as the boys played at the park. I was pleased to show R.C. my hidden talent of baseball after all these years. I had the disadvantage of using a kids glove, but was still able to out throw and out catch my dear husband. I'm not one to brag, but come on, when you're good, you're good.... (hahaha)As Russell is working on his ball skills, Max and I enjoy the playground where he has finally mastered the "fireman's pole". He was so proud of himself when he was finally able to go down without me holding him and he proceeded to go down the pole at least 20 times until he was invited into a game of tag with a little girl playing on the playground also.

We received a package from Korea a few weeks ago (I know, I'm really behind in blogging...) that had little things for the boys, along with some Korean chocolate and treats. One of the favorite items (aside from the elephant watering can you can see in beach pictures in previous postings) was a pair of soft gloves that we assume you are supposed to use in the shower/bath. Max, however, felt they work best on his feet. He loves wearing them on his feet so he looks like a frog and was taking a picture of them himself when I took a picture of him.

This morning Maxwell brought me the dry erase board and said he "did something".
That's right!! Max wrote PET all by himself and when I asked him what he wrote, he told me, "pet". Yippee!! He wrote it and he knew what he wrote!! Preschool here we come!!

2 comments:

bp said...

I've tried to think of something to comment about a boy with mittens on his feet--I can't come up with anything. It speaks for itself!

Jen said...

you know R.C. was on the All-Stars team when he was young! Must run in the family!!!