Thursday, July 23, 2009

Before my day had a chance to begin, I was a failure.

Before I could even get the coffee made I had Russell on the verge of tears and Maxwell was obviously concerned that he too would feel this same sadness that Russell was feeling at some point in the near future. I like to try to start the day off with happy kids and accept when we have a steady decline in attitudes until bed time, but today we started off at a very low point. Tears, or almost tears, is not how any mother wants their child to start the day, but when Russell emerged from his bedroom this morning his eyes were filling with tears.

"My tooth is still in the pillow..."

SHOOT! Now I understand why I couldn't sleep last night!
I was so angry when it was 2:00 am and I was still awake, and I was even more angry when I finally did fall asleep only be awoken for no apparent reason at 5:00 am. (Or it could have been the espresso at 8:30 pm...) Obviously my mind wouldn't let me rest because it knew I was supposed to play Tooth Fairy last night and deposit a quarter into the pocket on Russell's tooth pillow...but I forgot.

I talked my (or rather the Tooth Fairy's) way out of it, but I still know that I failed last night. The Tooth Fairy will be stopping by tonight and hopefully we will wake up happy tomorrow.


Mom/Tooth Fairy: 0

2 comments:

bp said...

Don't be too hard on yourself. Even the tooth fairy can mess up sometime--she's only human--right!!??

Sarah H said...

Does the tooth fairy leave a little extra when she forgets to help make little ones feel better?