Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Ok, so I lied. I wasn't going to blog today or tomorrow but I just had to blog about this today.

Allow me to introduce you to little Gracie. (this picture is quite outdated)
Today is Gracie's birthday! One year old! Happy birthday Grace Ann! Isn't she a cutie!?

But, her birthday is not the reason for my bringing her up, I'll get to that in a moment.

My sweet little boys like to point out things/people that remind them of certain family members or friends. On any given day we will be walking down the street and the boys will see someone who reminds them of Grandma Sayler or Mrs. Larson (or any other family/friend), and declare this so loudly that the entire city could probably hear them. Or they will see an advertisement for Mama Mia and talk about their friend Mia for a good 20 minutes. Most of the time they are quite accurate and I would agree that the people they see do have a resemblance to our friends and family. They do the same thing with cars. They see a car that is similar to one they recognize and they yell out, "it's Uncle Shane's car, but he painted it blue." "It's Chrissy's car, but she painted it yellow and a man is driving it." Like I said, usually I can see why they are reminded of the person they mention.

There is one that really makes me wonder. As we drive or walk downtown we always see this scary man on a building:
The second they see it, both boys start yelling, "ahhhh, it's Gracie!!" and laugh hysterically all while acting like "Gracie" is going to get them if we don't run or drive faster. I don't quite see the resemblance, but it makes me laugh none the less.

No comments: