Thursday, May 14, 2009

I know my kids love me, and I know I love my kids. I know they think I'm somewhat of a fun/cool mom. We have a good time together. Of course there are the days when we clash and argue about everything, but we definitely do more smiling and laughing than yelling and screaming.

This is what I though/believed until recently. In just the last few days I have been wondering how my boys (mainly Russell) actually see me. There are a few reasons why I have been thinking about this.

Reason 1:
We stopped in Kohls to look around the other day. As we walked by the shoe section I saw a pair of red heels that I felt the need to try on. I had no intention of buying them, but I thought I would try them on none the less. As I slipped my foot into this beautiful red shoe Russell decided to give me his opinion. "Those look nice. But maybe people will think you are the devil." Hmmm. Maybe.

Reason 2:
We were playing in the boys room last night and Russell had a fake phone he was talking on. Out of no where he blurts out, "hey mom, you just got a text message. It's from Santa and he says you've been a bad girl."

Shoot. I just can't win.


*I do still believe my kids love me and I still love them. These are merely an example of funny things my kids say. Please, there is no need for concern. I am certain they do not see me as the devil and I am in no fear of being on Santa's naughty list.

3 comments:

Lil said...

the guilt starts so early...

Dad S. said...

Max is too young to know the difference. He still likes you. (Just kidding! I am sure Russell still likes you once in a while.)

bp said...

What happened to "children should be seen and not heard?" Try implementing that new rule!!