Thursday, December 18, 2008

Yesterday we decorated Christmas cookies! The boys helped me make the frosting, get the sprinkles out, and then spent a good 2+ hours decorating the cookies. I thought we might spend 20 minutes before they got bored with it and wanted to move on to something different. To my surprise they loved it and barely let me decorate any. Maxwell was very particular as to how the decorating should happen. He would get annoyed if Russell did not make a tree green, a star yellow, a snowflake white and a candy cane red. Russell enjoyed teasing him by making stars red and trees yellow. The big brother in him was really shining through. After all our (their) hard decorating it was time to fill our mouths with these overly frosted, overly sprinkled cookies. They were delicious!Although we had a great time decorating, I feel I saw this happening more than it should have...

I guess if you come and eat some of our Christmas cookies, you may want to steer clear of the green ones. Actually, this happened with all the colors so everything is a gamble. Kids...you have to love them...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Could I have a cookie please?

Dad S. said...

If we come in July, do you think there will be any Christmas cookies left? I would even settle for a green one. Adorable pictures!

Jen said...

Melissa,

You're beautiful.
I showed all my friends how pretty you are.

xo.