Sunday, November 30, 2008

Today was an exciting day for Russell.

This morning Russell began writing his letter to Santa. He only needed help with a few select words and was able to spell the the others by sounding them out all by himself. He is an excellent speller already! He is mainly asking Santa for legos and 2 toothbrushes. Yes, he has a toothbrush, but he wants a cool Spiderman or transformers one. (We'll see what is in his stocking on Saturday...) Russell finished off his letter by telling Santa that there is one more thing on the table. I asked him what this meant. He told me that he is going to leave a present for Santa since he works so hard giving all the kids presents, he wants Santa to have something too. So come Christmas Eve, Russell is going to set a gift, along with cookies and carrots, out for Santa. This boy is always thinking....

Russell's other, even more exciting thing that happened today, was the discovery of a loose tooth!! I knew this day was coming since he is 6 years old. Today, as he was munching on some almonds he told me that his tooth felt like it was going to fall out. I didn't think anything of this comment. Russell is always saying that he has a broken leg, pins in his feet, or rocks in his tummy (like the dinosaurs). He likes to exaggerate things to either get attention or make people laugh. So hearing that his teeth are falling out was nothing new. However, as I was helping him find his jacket he told me again that his tooth felt like it was going to fall out. This time I told him to open wide so I could check it out. Just as I was ready to pat his chin and tell him all was fine in his mouth....I wiggled a little baby tooth. It is loose. The tooth fairy will be making a visit to Russell's bedside in the days/weeks ahead.

As Russell and I were discussing the tooth fairy and how she will slip something under his pillow while we are all sleeping, Maxwell came in. I thought that with Max being Peter Pan he would enjoy a fairy coming to his room. This was not the case. Maxwell announced, "if the tooth fairy comes to my room, I'll catch her and step on her". I guess Max thinks the tooth fairy is a bug that needs to be gotten rid of.

No comments: